The Ohio County Development Authority (OCDA) received permits from the State of West Virginia (March, 2009) necessary to move forward with the project. Construction on Phase I of the Wild Escape Theme Park should get underway in the very near future.
The most recent update regarding this project came in March, 2010 from local news sources who reported that "dirt will be moving this year" on the project.
Steve Minard, president of Attraction Management Services LLC. of Alta, Iowa, lent his steadfast support to the OCDA throughout the lengthy permit process. Reports have indicated that once completed the overall size of the park will rival that of the Mall of America.
Information about the Wild Escape Theme Park -
- Under Roof: 11 acres with rides and entertainment (open year-round)
- Open-Air Portion: Approximately 40 acres with rides and entertainment
- Total Area: 100 acres
- Hotel Complex: 900+ rooms with several spas and entertainment
- 2- Roller Coasters: Includes a launch coaster (0-50 mph in 4 sec.)
- Theme Park Cost: $80 Million
- Cost with Entertainment Complex: $200 Million
- Construction phases: 3 (over several years)
- Employment: 1500 seasonal and 400 permanent year-round jobs